Intro for those who are new...

Welcome to my blog which shows you some of the interesting and crazy things I found in Japan. Sometimes they might seem offensive, other times tacky but mostly you will get a good laugh and an interesting story. If you have never been to Japan or if you live there, there is always something new to discover.

In this blog I don't mean to criticize or look down on another culture. I am simply expressing how I feel and what I see when I come across things. Also, though the title says 'Only in Japan' in no way am I saying that the following things are exclusively found in Japan (though that may be the case for certain things). It is more of a thought to myself whenever I see something I didn't expect.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Food on a stick!

Meat on sticks!

Every country has food on sticks. You can get kabobs all around the world. Corn Dogs are popular in North America. There is ice cream, lollipops, Popsicles and cotton candy. But japan seems to have everything possible on sticks.
Two girls one squid (or two)
Yaki-tori is a popular food in Japan which incorporates meat on sticks. Wooden sticks grilled with chicken, beef and pork are a popular salary man food after work with beer.  But Japan goes one step further and has tons of non-meat non-candy foods on sticks. Here are just a few:

  • Fish
  • Squid
  • Sausages
  • Mochi (rice cake)
  • bananas
  • bacon and asparagus
  • cheese
Can you think of anything else on a stick that I missed?
Boys with bananas

No comments:

Post a Comment