Intro for those who are new...

Welcome to my blog which shows you some of the interesting and crazy things I found in Japan. Sometimes they might seem offensive, other times tacky but mostly you will get a good laugh and an interesting story. If you have never been to Japan or if you live there, there is always something new to discover.

In this blog I don't mean to criticize or look down on another culture. I am simply expressing how I feel and what I see when I come across things. Also, though the title says 'Only in Japan' in no way am I saying that the following things are exclusively found in Japan (though that may be the case for certain things). It is more of a thought to myself whenever I see something I didn't expect.


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'd like to thank the Academy!

I'd like to thank my parents!
So I was looking through my pictures of Japan and I came across this jewel...well actually gold.  And since the Oscars just happened,  I thought'd be perfect.  This life size Oscar trophy is actually a girl wearing nothing a but a thong bikini painted in gold.  Yes, she is topless. And yes, those are real ( as if there were any doubt).

This picture was taken in Osu at a street festival. She was part of a group of men and women who were involved in a modern dance show.  After the show they were walking around asking for donations and taking pictures.  I couldn't resist.  And that pose was all her idea.

Only in Japan....

No comments:

Post a Comment