Intro for those who are new...

Welcome to my blog which shows you some of the interesting and crazy things I found in Japan. Sometimes they might seem offensive, other times tacky but mostly you will get a good laugh and an interesting story. If you have never been to Japan or if you live there, there is always something new to discover.

In this blog I don't mean to criticize or look down on another culture. I am simply expressing how I feel and what I see when I come across things. Also, though the title says 'Only in Japan' in no way am I saying that the following things are exclusively found in Japan (though that may be the case for certain things). It is more of a thought to myself whenever I see something I didn't expect.


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Building Blocks of Flirting!

Take a girl from the middle and you put it on top...

So you wanna know how to get girls? Well, I am no expert but something I noticed about girls, especially when they are in groups is they like games. No, not mind games. Of course that is part of it but I mean actual games.

Some of the best ways to approach girls in bars rather than buy drinks (since I am cheap) is a gimmick. Lots of guys use magic. Impress a girl with magic or make her laugh with a funny trick and she will happily let you sit down and have a conversation.

Along these lines, many bars in Japan have such ice breaker type games because you know Asian girls are shy but so are the guys. So to lighten the mood and help everyone feel comfortable many places offer ice breakers.

This is the first bar I have seen that offers Jumbo Jenga, though.  I was sitting at the bar minding my own business when I noticed five really cute girls drinking and playing Jenga. Now if they were just sitting there drinking I would look like a perv coming over and staring at them.

But since they had a game I came over seeming interested in the game and they invited me to play. Fast forward to 20 minutes later when we have turned this game into a drinking contest. The person who knocked over the Jenga had to take a shot.

Along with Jenga, I learned their names, had good conversations and surprisingly actually got hit on myself. It has been a long time since a girl has asked for MY number. I am married so I just gained new friends but imagine if I was single and looking to pick up!

Flirting should be fun and natural for both parties so I definitely recommend finding your gimmick.
But maybe something small since Jumbo Jenga might be hard to carry around in your pocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment